Episode #24 Steve Burge
This week's guest is Steve Burge from OSTraining. Born in England, worked as a teacher in several countries around the world, landed in Florida. When he moved to the US and started building a family, he supplemented his income by building websites in the evenings. Today he works from home and his classroom is the world.
"Online training is a business that is changing fast. I would not highly recommend that anyone get into the training business." Listen to find out why.
In this episode you will hear:
- How he heard about Joomla!
- About the transition from live education to online training
- What are the difficulties with running an online software training business
- Who are the subscribers to his courses
- How Joomla! Certification is useful for a Joomla! business
- About how he creates the different courses
- How he has recruited his team
- How he got into extension development with JoomlaShack.com
- What he did with JoomlaShack.com that made a big difference in turnover
- How he organizes his team
- About running a business with a spouse
- How working with the Joomla community helps to develop a business
Where can you contact Steve: